We had a great V-Day and we hope you all did, too. The day before Valentines was Friday. Andrew's class had a party, which is usually just sugary snacks and desserts on themed plates. But, my mom was kind enough to come to his class and do a special craft with the kids. So she found materials and came up with the Valentine's Kitty. It's in the slide show. Mom is real good at this kind of thing. I'm glad my kids have her to express their creative sides with...
On Valentines Day, Saturday, I left to get my brother Joe. He rode back to Atlanta from Little Rock with a buddy. He is car-less so we drove around for a bit looking for cars for him. Then I went home. Later that afternoon, we decided to do hair cuts. Andrew was WAY over due. We love those curls, but he hates getting his hair combed and or putting curl cream in it. I hate hearing him wine about it. PLUS, my mother-in-law said he looked like Screech from Saved by the Bell. That did it- it was definitely hair cut time. Charles needed one, too. Here is a slide of the craft and the hair cut. More about our day after that....
After that, we thought we'd go to our favorite little place for dinner. The environment is great- they don't mind the kids running around, the people are awesome, the food is good, and it's cheap. Yes, we made reservations at the Norton's. (My parents). We got dressed up and went over there for a yummy steak dinner. We kept making jokes like "I'll tell the manager and we'll get our next meal on the house," or "Ma'am, could we get a high chair please?" Now, even though we made these remarks it doesn't mean we being waited on or anything like that. Charles cooked the steaks and I set the table. It was fun. But we had to do the dishes, since we "left the wallet at home." ;)
After dinner we played Euchre with heart-shaped cards and had ice cream cake for dessert. It was a good time and will be one of our most memorable Valentine's yet, for whatever reason! :)
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Ha...this looks like us doing Josh's hair and beard so I do not have to sweep up. We have lots of Josh's hair tufts blowing about our yard!
- A
Post a Comment