This past weekend I finally got the material I needed and upholstered a piece of MDF to make the head board. The hardest part was hanging it. There were two brackets to "line up" between the head board and the wall. It took a couple of tries.
Anyways, here it is. Check that one off my list!

First I laid the material face down on the floor, batting, then MDF. Then LOTS of staples.

It actually has a nice pattern in it. TA DA!
The bed is big and square and the head board is rectangular so I think I will look for something with curves to hang above the head board to break up the straight lines. Like maybe a piece of iron scroll or circular art or something.
6 comments:
AWESOME Maggie, that looks soo nice. Do you mind asking me how much something like that is to put together?
That looks terrific! I love the pattern on the material. Nice job!
Shana, the piece of MDF was about $20. You have to buy a whole piece. We had it cut at Home Depot into strips that went around the base of the bed (to keep the box spring from sliding off). We used the remainder for the head board. The material was about $30 and the batting was $12. We already had a staple gun and staples. So it was about $62 all together and only took about 2 hours from start through hanging. I love a cheap decorating fix!
Maggie, That looks great!!! I am super impressed :)
I love it, Maggie! I am really impressed as well! I think that the iron scrolly things would look great! I think you can get them for fairly cheap at TJ Maxx and places like that!
Crafty lady!!! See you tomorrow!!
- A
Post a Comment