Tuesday, August 5, 2008

We actually MADE something

Charles and I have had the same bed frame (yes- that metal frame only, not a "bed" bed) since we got married. Recently it has fallen apart and after a few months of keeping it up with scrap wood and old yearbooks, we decided we needed a real bed. But we couldn't find one that we both liked, was sturdy enough, yet didn't take over the room, and that we could afford. So we decided to build one. After much googling and help from dad (thank you dad!) we made it in one afternoon! I painted it black and we love it! It is so strong.

So the next thing is to make a headboard. I will probably upholster one and we will have a pretty nice grown up bed. I think I will get a black fitted sheet to go over the box springs since the show. I guess our bed spread is not long enough? I'm open to suggestions...

Here are some pics....

4 comments:

Shana Stringer said...

That is really cool. You could use a bedskirt too.

Tessa said...

Wow that is awesome that you guys did that!! I look forward to see what your next project will be! =)

Marcy said...

I agree with Shana it would probably cost you the same to buy a black bed skirt as to get the fitted sheet for the box springs and it would probably look at little better. I am really proud of y'all! I am looking forward to seeing the head board!

L. Siyam said...

Wow! I like it. I could steal this great idea very soon!
(if I dare).