Friday, August 29, 2008

Magically Added Time My Day

I have really enjoyed longer days lately. I have more time to get things done, or relax (hard for me to do), or prepare for tomorrow. And it's all because we get up earlier. Charles always gets up early. He has to be at work by 6:30am. Andrew and I (before Eli came along) would wake up around 8:00 (without an alarm) and get our day going. I would also work later before Eli and school for Drew. It seemed like my days were so short.

But now that Andrew is in school, we get up at or before 7am for him to be there by 8am. Then, depending on the day, I either go back home/ run errands or go to work. And since I have to pick up Andrew at 2:30 we are home after that for the rest of the night, unless we have something to do. And Charles gets home any time between 2 and 5 (a big range, I know).

So lately I've been looking at the clock and thinking how early it is. With this structure I feel like I have longer days and the opportunity to get things done. I REALLY enjoy getting Charles home early. We have time together even if there is something planned for that evening.

I am a believer in the old saying "Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."

No comments: