


We are SO blessed to welcome Eli into our family! After 9 long months, here is the story...
Thursday I went to the doctor and we decided to induce. So my midwife (Dixie whom I just adore!) said the hospital would call me to bring me in. And they did around 2am Friday. So Charles and I took Drew to my parent's house and headed in. I got a medicine to help me go into labor, but not contract. I was actually having little contractions on my own already. So we went to sleep and we started pitocin (to make the contractions stronger) the next morning. It was slow going at first but when it got going it really got going. I was ready that afternoon. So ready, in fact, that I thought Eli was going to come without everyone being ready. I was literally "holding him in" while the nurses were prepping the room and getting Dixie. Anyways, about 4 or 5 pushes later he was born at 3:33pm. Charles announced "it's a boy" and we were all ballin'!!
I loved having my mom and 3 close girlfriends there (I kept calling them paparazzi since they took so many pictures) and my dad and Andrew were waiting outside so they came in just as soon as they could. Andrew helped the nurse clean up Eli. He held his hand over him to keep the light out of Eli's eyes.
I have 3 boys now- agh!
3 comments:
Yay! I am so excited for you. Andrew is a really sweet big brother. The nursery looks GREAT! Your mom was a real sneaker to be able to make and buy all that stuff without you knowing! It really was an amazing experience.
Andrew looks so proud! I was shocked about you having a boy...I was among the girl camp! God knows best! :-)
It was one of the best experiences to be in the room while you delivered. Thanks for the memories Maggie, you are such a great Mom.
Post a Comment