Thursday, December 31, 2009

About Eli turning 2

I posted Eli's birthday post in haste and it was very matter-of-fact. Our baby deserves more than that boring old post.

Eli is light wherever he is. Sometimes it's the light that makes you smile, sometimes it's the light that makes your headache worse! :) Nah, he is a sweet boy. He is go go go all day. His chubby cheeks bounce as he runs around the house. He bonks his head 3 times a day, minimum, but keeps on trucking. He has recently learned how to unlock and open the front and back doors, so now we keep the dead bolts locked.

He is very good climber. He opens the door to our wardrobe and climbs to the top for deodorant. He puts it on his neck. So silly! He's talking a bit more. And I may be imagining it, but the last days (since his birthday) he's seemed more vocal. He definitely has "no" down. "Eli, do you want to take a nap?" "No, no."

Eli is a spirited child. Our disciplines that worked so well with Andrew are being revamped. Eli calls for a new approach. He teaches us about ourselves. My mom says I was like him as a child and (maybe?) I see a bit of me-as-an-adult in him. Can you say convicting? Still, we wouldn't change him. God gave him this zeal!!

He's on my lap right now and I have to take advantage of this time he just wants to sit with me.

We love you so much, Eli!!

2 comments:

L. Siyam said...

This is sweet. I'm so glad you enjoy your boy and who he is. Happy Birthday Eli!

Muddled Mama said...

Isn't it amazing how different two boys can be. Happy Birthday Eli!