Monday, June 30, 2008

Tubin' The 'Hooch



Yesterday we have a really fun family trip. My Aunt Nell and her boyfriend "Uncle Dean" came down from Michigan to visit for a week! They met at church years ago but began dating about 6 months ago and are so cute! Dean is a Ford engineer and he is fixing all of cars while he is here- isn't that sweet? Anyways, back to my point.

We got a babysitter for Eli (Charles' cousin Erichka and her girls) and we switched nursery duty at church (thank you David and Lan!) and right after the early service at The Bridge church we caravaned (get it- we have a Dodge Grand Caravan) up to Helen, GA ya'll!

It was really fun to be able for Charles and I to do something with just us and Andrew. The river was low and at some points we were walking through shallow waters more than tubing. Charles especially. But I must say that he kept a great attitude and we got pretty good at figuring how to keep his tube level- he would put his feet on my tube to help distribute his weight.



Andrew had a blast facing "the rapids" (as he said many times). He was also REALLY excited to get water shoes. My parents and brother, Ben, also came. I still haven't figured out how to do slides and if you don't care if I put individual pictures, I don't either! hahaha

Other than the gas up there, it is an inexpensive and fun day! Have you guys been tubing?

2 comments:

Marcy said...

It looks like y'all had a lot of fun! I have been tubing in Helen twice and I didn't really enjoy it that much. I think that I am too much of a worry-wart for something like that. I was stressed when the water was slow because we might hit a rock or sometimes the water was too low so maybe I might scrape my rearend. Then, if it was too fast, I didn't want to get separated from the people I was with or turn over. But, most people like it because they aren't as paranoid as me! :o)

Tessa said...

Looks like fun for the whole family. Enjoyed the pics and thanks for sharing.