Friday, September 4, 2009

Updates on us...

Charles' work location will be merging with another local branch and that means layoff's. Argh. And his supervisor will be leaving the company before it happens. He's the main person who would give an account of all the workers. So if people are cut, it may not be based on the manager's recommendations. This could be bad for Charles, since he's the newest. This whole process will probably take months. Please pray for this. We do not enjoy when he's not employed (duh).

Andrew is doing great at school. He is a great helper in the classroom, an excellerated reader for his grade and a getting used to the routine.

Eli is getting more verbal every day. His signing vocabulary is still larger, but he's getting more sounds articulated. We're also introducing him to the potty. We're not quite to the point of potty-training-in-a-day point (plus I have to get my book back from a friend) but we're showing him a few things.

I'm excited about a new project at work- redecorating the office! Our office is a home that's been converted to a commercial property. So we're going to make all the different types of flooring, wall coverings and furniture look cohesive.

In other news, I've been thinking a lot lately about changing my attitude about the "burdens" or "dissapointments" I have. I am trying (and feeling) a shift toward being thankful for them. Not to the point of Well, I deserve nothing good, so I better just deal. And not to the point of Thank you so much for suffering, may I have some more? But somewhere in the middle.

I take comfort in knowing God has a plan and purpose for my life. *Sidenote, I hope that one day I'll see how God was/is glorified through my downs. I should look into that.** James 1:2, Romans 5:3-5 tell me that suffering can be good (by good I mean for Him, not how the world sees it) AND God gives us the power to handle it: Ephesians 3:20, Phillipians 4:13. And this strange thankfulness has a snowball effect. Though there are still tough moments/ days/ weeks, in general, it gets easier/more comfortable/ less frustraing. In the words of G.I. Joe "knowing is half the battle." So true! When I know-believe- that God is in control and 100% understands my every emotion, doubt and struggle, I feel empowered (through him, of course) to be graceful and peacful in those situations. All I can say is YAY and THANK YOU!!

1 comment:

Kelly C. said...

Good post! We will be praying for Charles' job.