I have worked full time for the past 6 weeks or so. It was crazy! I too Eli just about every day. Some days I had to get Andrew from school and maybe go back to work. Some days Charles got one of them. Some days he got both. Some day I didn't get home til late. I even worked some Saturdays in there too! All this because our office manager found a new job. We've had a couple people come and try to fill the role (unsuccessfully) and we're getting closer. I am glad to help my boss. I really love my job. But I'm done now. School is out and I can't do this anymore.
I have new respect for people who work full time- in this order: my husband, who works full time, schlepping around heavy things and some days goes on to umpire in the evenings; working moms: sorry, dads and husbands- momma works all day and still is momma!; full time workers without kids- it's tiring!; and people with 2 jobs are in there somewhere, too. And those with long commutes. Oh, and home-schooling moms are up there at #2 since that is a full time job. :)
Andrew has been in baseball since March (I think) and he's doing great! He's improved a lot and even made All Stars! We declined the All Stars, though, since practice was 7 (YES-7!!) days a week. It's only for a few short weeks, but still... Sundays? no way. His last day of school was Wednesday. The teachers gave out Premonition Awards. Andrew's was "Serving his clients and standing up for what is right- Attorney at Law." AHHHH!
Eli is getting so big. He is a FIRECRACKER. Here's an example: say he's in his high chair and the food runs out and he is bummed. If he's in a particularly funky mood, he'll thrash his head around to let us know he's upset- sometimes knocking his own coconut! Or this one: you grab his hand to pull him up or away from something and he brings your hand (the one doing to restricting) to his fat little face to bite you! Can you believe this? SO different from Drew. Yet, this little guy will snuggle and hug for no reason, randomly give you the biggest smiles and melt your heart. He is so precious to us. He "talks" so much. The inflection and variation in his voice are so convincing. He blabs on and on and we just say things like "really?", "oh, and then what?", "yes, Andrew is shirt-less," "no, thanks, I'm good" Or whatever response we think fits what he's telling us.
We are planning on going to the Renaissance Fair on Monday. We won some tickets one night at trivia- just for being there- not answering questions correctly! But it may rain, so we'll see.
Here are some pics:

Charles has been waiting for Andrew to be this age. He loves coaching those boys.

Andrew and his buddy on the way to Turner Field. They had a T-ball exhibition before the game and we got to play a mini game on the field! It was in the outfield, but still so cool. I hope that's something Andrew will always remember.

Eli enjoying the outdoors.
2 comments:
so excited for the updated photos
The boys are getting big and I hope you guys are enjoying your summer!!
Post a Comment